Something for Everyone- In addition to three General Sessions we will be offering a wide variety of breakout sessions tailored to three different "tracks"
Track One- Adoption and Foster Care: Where Do I Start?
Track Two- Adoption and Foster Care: I Would Like More Help
Track Three- I Can't Foster or Adopt: How Else Can I Help?
2015 Keynote Speaker - Jedd Medefind:
Our Keynote Speaker this year is Jedd Medefind, President of Christian Alliance For Orphans. Jedd believes that love for orphans transforms. Both personally and through the example of countless others, he's seen that lives are turned upside-down when Christians reflect God's heart for orphans through adoption, foster care, and global orphan care. His most recent book, Becoming Home, offers a short yet meaningful exploration of how families and communities can embrace vulnerable children with wisdom and love through adoption, foster care, mentoring, and more.
2015 Breakout and Panel Sessions:
- Trust-Based Relationship Intervention (TBRI) Part I and Part II (Track 2)
- Domestic Opportunities to Care for the Vulnerable Child (Track 3)
- Steps to Foster Care and Adoption (Track 1)
- Attachment and Bonding (Track 1 & Track 2)
- Multi-Racial Q&A Panel (Track 1 & Track 2)
- Counting the Cost: Adoption and Your Birth Children (Track 1 & Track 2)
- Trends in Orphan Care and Adoption (Track 1 & Track 3)
- Therapeutic Parenting or Plain Ol' Parenting (Track 1 & Track 2)
- Healing the Reactive Attachment Disordered Child (Track 2)
- International Orphan Care Panel (Track 3)
- Resurrecting Biblical Hospitality (Track 1 & Track 3)
- Navigating the Rough Waters of the Internet with Foster/Adopted Children (Track 2)
Cost: $15 (includes lunch and breakouts)